Saturday, September 1, 2007

Saturday Sweethearts: Friendly Encouters

It is so important to my husband that he and I are friends. Of course, he is my best friend, and I can say that with all honesty. But to him, friendship is more than just being able to open up and share your inner most self. It is DOING things.

After this past week of frustration with the court case and baby JJ and his allergic reaction to eggs, I really wanted to do something fun with one of my friends. She had invited me to go to the waterpark with her (I do not get to waterparks very often because my husband does NOT like waterparks). I thought it was a great idea!!

But my husband had other things in mind. He wanted to go to the State Fair. And he wants to go to a local Apple Orchard (a family tradition for 9 years). Now to ME, the farm is open many more weeks and the State Fair is open a few more days, but the waterpark closes this weekend.

But my husband shared how he really wanted to be with me and our family. What woman in her right mind can resist THAT? :D So instead of pouting about not going to the waterpark, I get on my knees and thank God for blessing me with such a wonderful husband. A man who loves to spend time with me and his family.

This is just one instance of a time when my husband wanted to do something "friendly" like with me. It speaks his love language, and anytime I can fulfill a love language, I do my best to.

What is something "friendly" that your husband likes to do?Does he like to go hiking or camping? Maybe he wants to go to the baseball game? While it may not be your cup of tea, I guarantee you it will be worth it for you to find out what he likes and then make his interests your own. You never know...one day you might find your husband just taking interest in one of YOUR interests because he sees how much FUN it is to take interest in your spouses interests!!! :) But even if he doesn't, at least you will be spending more time together. :)

-=-=-=-=-
Remember, THESE ARE IDEAS FOR YOU (not your husband). YOU are to romance your husband! I was inspired to do these Saturday Sweethearts based on a book called Romancing Your Husband by Debra White Smith. PLEASE get a hold of this book and read it. It is a really good book and will really change your life. :)

1 comment:

Sallie said...

My husband loves to read! He also loves to run!

Thanks for the thoughts..

Sallie