Monday, June 25, 2007

God's Discipline, or How I Fractured My Thumb

The Bible talks about how the Lord will discipline and chasten those whom He loves.

Well the other day I got angry and lost my temper (be angry but DO NOT SIN), and decided in my anger, to throw down a bunch of books (will I ever out grow these temper tantrums? Note to self: snuff out tantrums in the girls NOW so they do not have the same struggles I do). And when I threw down the books, I forgot to release them. Down went the books, and down went my thumb. It was (and to be honest still is) extremely painful.

I have been working so hard on not losing my temper with the children. OH HOW I HATE to yell at and be angry with my children. And when does my thumb seem to hurt the most? When I have a thought of losing my temper with the children. It is currently a constant reminder of how I need to be much more gentle, meek and quiet with my children. Especially if I want them to be that way.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog, Paula! I took your suggestion and asked my hubby to add the feed link to my site...thanks for mentioning it!:o)