Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Raomntical is a GREAT word!

After reading HappyApple's latest blog entry, I just HAD to share!! Because this is personal, only registered user can read it.

We too were able to spend a romantic night at the Cliff House for our 9 year wedding anniversary (Aug 2005).

Happy Apple got MUCH better pictures than we did. Our room had the little note saying Congrats as well as the bottle of wine (I was not preggers at the time, so we were able to drink some). We also had the little strawberries all dressed up (too cute!).

So, I had planned this a month in advance. You have to understand that after reading the book Romancing Your Husband (which I created a yahoo group to share ways to romance your husband), I don't just wait for hubby to do romantic things for me. Not to mention it was MY year to plan our anniversary (he planned the honeymoon, I planned our first year wedding anniversary, he planned our second, I planned our third ... well you get the idea). I had already done a trip earlier in the year to Disneyland for their 50th anniversary (hubby's grandfather and great-grandfather both helped build the original park - especially working on the castle and hubby had not ever been to see what and where they had worked). So he was not expecting anything more.

So, since money was tight, I had planned on staying Sunday night, which meant calling and asking his boss for hubby to have half a day (my husband would not have been happy taking the whole day off - long LONG story). He said yes. So I called the hotel and planned everything. I had reserved the cheaper room (which did not have the jacuzzi).

Then I received a notice in my email about a special dinner they were doing. Three course meal for two for a certain price. It was only a few days before our stay so I wasn't sure if we would be able to make reservations. They put us outside (which I wasn't too happy about, but still thankful because everything else was already reserved).

SO, the night arrives and hubby receives a phone call asking if I can help out a friend. So I leave to help, and my mother (who was staying with us) handed my hubby a note with a little poem. I don't remember what the poem said, but it was something about how he had one hour to find a token of his love for me, and then return home.

So, he left and I came home (staying at a neighbor's house) and got dressed for the evening. Then friends drove me to the hotel. When hubby came home he received a note saying that he had thirty minutes to get dressed for a romantic evening out. Then mom gave him another note with clues about where to go (because he was running late, mom just told him where to go).

When I got to the hotel, they took the bags up to the room and gave me the keys to the room. I waited at our table. Oh I am so glad we ended up outside. The weather was PERFECT! And I was able to see when hubby drove up.

He came up the stairs to me sitting there with the BIGGEST grin on my face. We were severved dinner. First course was a DELICIOUS salad. Second was rice with grilled veggies (I know that sounds simple, but it was the BEST we have ever had!), and third was dessert (three different creme brule's served on a plate with the words "Happy Anniversary" spelled out in chocolate).



So after dessert was served, and while we were feeding each other small bites of the yummy dessert, I asked him if he could do anything he wanted, without worry about work the next day, what would he wanted to do.


My husband said he would go in and get us a room here for the night.


So I asked him what he would think if I had already gotten us a room and called his boos to get him a half day on Monday. He didn't believe me. Even after I brought out our keys to the room, he didn't believe me.


So finally, up we went to the room. THEY HAD UPGRADED US!! That is one of the BEST things about going in on a night when they are not very busy. We had a room with a jacuzzi and a fireplace. OH IT WAS SO ROMANTIC!


I won't go into the details of the night here, only to say that it was wonderfully romantic and a night neither of us will soon forget.


In the morning, they have a breakfast buffet (included in the price of the room). So we had a nice romantic breakfast to finish off such a wonderfully romantic evening.


Thanks HappyApple for the opportunity to relive this magical night! Hubby said he was goign to have a difficult time trying to top this for our 10 year wedding anniversary (Aug 2006).


OH, and if you want to, you can see pictures of the card I made him and the layout I framed for our anniversary (my gift to him).


No comments: