Saturday, March 25, 2006

Girls and College

I wrote this in response to a recent comment left on my last entry, and wanted to get other's opinions on it. So I am posting it an an entry.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! To answer your question, no I do not want my girls to go to college OR do college work. I still need to do a lot of praying on this issue (especially since hubby and I are in disagreement and he wants them to get a college degree from home), but I believe that since I am training up my daughters to be keepers at home (Titus2), that their time can be better spent learning skills to make them a loving and godly wife and mother. And even if the Lord does not have marriage in mind for them, I still believe that their time can be spent better elsewhere (like helping new moms and such). I know this is not a very popular view. I am only just recently learning about this myself (from Susan Bradrick, Crystal Paine and Lady Lydia). Sites like:
http://www.biblicalwomanhoodonline.com/blog.htm
http://www.homeliving.blogspot.com/
http://www.ladiesagainstfeminsm.com

I hope that this answers your question.

-=-=-=-
To add to this I want to say that we will be teaching our girls K-12 grade, making sure they do have a high school education. It is only AFTER they finish school and at the time that it is considered appropriate for someone to goto college, THAT is the time I feel can be better spent learning and improving their skills as a wife, mother and keeper at home.

I have been reading some articles lately that might be of interest to you if you are having the same type of feelings I am. They are under the Training Daughters Works of Heart.

SO, what are YOUR thoughts/feelings on the issue??

No comments: