Wednesday, March 1, 2006

Catching Up

WOW things have been busy over here!

I have been pretty busy decluttering the home and trying to keep up with keeping a home. I never learned how to be a keeper at home when I was younger. I am so thankful for the Making It Home group (and hope I will be ordering the magazine soon). I have a blog where I am journaling my journey. The link is on a separate blog entry (you have to be a member to view it - I want to keep it semi-private). It has been fun and very rewarding, but DEFINITELY kept me busy.

I also have been reading Home School Burnout. While this book seems like it is for those who have been homeschooling a while and are burning out (and it DOES address those issues), it is also PERFECT for the beginning homeschooler (like ME). I am really liking what the Moores are saying (thanks Jannie for the encouragement to read more and also to join that yahoo group!).

A quote from the book: "Children are not little buckets to fill up, but little trees to grow." I LOVE THAT!!

I did not get to put up a Week In Review for last week. And I have not been keeping up with this week either. I really miss journaling what they are doing/learning. It really helps me to know that they are indeed growing and learning. But the children have really been expanding their imaginations! They come up with the greatest games! I will have to share (but another time).

And I am excited about getting to meet other homeschooling moms/kids. I know that my oldest is REALLY wanting to goto school. She sees the kids on the bus and wants to be a part of that. When I was invited to a play day with a local homeschooling group (thank you Nancy!) my oldest became so excited. She wanted to invite other friends (who are in public school) and I told her that they couldn't come because they were in public school, but that we could go because we were in homeschool. Then I told her that the other kids she was going to meet were also homeschooled. She got SO EXCITED! She is going to meet other homeschoolers. I did not realize how important that was to her until today.

No comments: