Monday, March 13, 2006

Are Daddies Smarter Than Mommies?

This morning my 6YR dd comes over to me and asks me to make her a paper shoe. I told her I didn't know how to make one and she said "Daddy is smarter than you, I bet he knows how to make one."

Now you have to understand, this was not said with any malice at all. It was truly sincere and spoken so softly and surely.

So my question is this, how do children get the idea that Daddy is smarter than Mommy?

I have never said "go ask your Father." At least not that I can remember. We always try to search it out on the internet. The only time I refer to asking Daddy about anything is when it comes to decisions (like where we are going or if we can buy something).

Is it because I continually refer to Daddy as wonderful, handsome, and great? Is it because I defer matters to him (like whether or not to buy something or to go somewhere)? Is it because I show him reverence and honor? Is it because he is the spiritual leader of our house?

Honestly, I am not upset at all by her comments or thoughts. I was in fact tickled. I think it might even be preparing her to recognize that God is all knowing and to goto Him for the answers she seeks. I hope that is what this is.

No comments: