Saturday, March 11, 2006

Going Ons

First, thanks to everyone who prayed and emailed about how things are going. Thankfully, it was NOT grandmother's heart, but the medication she was on that was giving her heart problems (don't get me started on the health/medical industry and prescription meds). And secondly, the pain in my FILs chest is gone, and the doctors are not worried about it so neither are we.

I also realized that it takes me longer than three weeks to read a book. I recently checked out Home School Burnout and tried to read it all before I had to return it (the Moore books are extremely popular here and cannot be renewed because someone else is always wanting to read it next). GREAT book that I think every mom should read BEFORE she starts homeschooling (so as not to get to the point of burnout). I got through all the chapters written by the Moores, but not the real life examples written by moms. Oh well, the nice thing about having more than one library card in the family is that I can (why didn't I think of this before) put it on hold with several cards in sucession and keep the book even longer.

And I just have to put in a plug here for teaching baby sign language. It is one of the best things I have ever done. We recently have been renting DVD's from the library and they are GREAT! TOS used to have a promotion code to order them (not sure if they still do or if it still works). We are saving up to buy the DVD's. But for now, the library is working wonderfully! My girls are learning so many more signs so quickly from the DVD's. They would always ask me what a sign was, and I would have the most difficult time finding it online (why is PEAR so difficult to find?). But we plugged in Signing Time: My Favorite Things and there was the sign for pear! And all the other fruits my girls love. The spent almost an hour last night telling Daddy all the new signs they learned. Even the 2 1/2 year old AMAZED me at how much she picked up!

Well, I could go on and on about teaching babies and children sign language (how we never had any screaming in our house from a child not being understood because they were able to sign and communicate with us before they could actually talk, how my oldest was able to tell me what the baby wanted when my back was turned, etc.) but I will go for now. It is the weekend and FAMILY TIME!

No comments: