Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Where Have I Been?

Well, BUSY! LOL!!! (edited to add: sorry for the LONG ranting post! I had a lot to share.)

First we have been VERY busy cleaning the house hoping to refinance. It is amazing all the hoops you have to jump through now a days with the economy the way it is. But the girls were a GREAT help and we had three AWESOME friends come and help us out to get the house in the best shape so it could appraise for as much as possible. Now, I have been busy ENCOURAGING and re-training the girls in how to keep house. It is so nice to have a clean house!!! A little bit of work every day keeps it looking NICE! It is the re-training that is taking the most work. :)

Secondly, I have felt very convicted about getting more of God and His word into the lives of my children. So I have been busy with the kids working on that as well as character traits. We are going through The Original 21 Rules Of This House. It is wonderful! We are also going through George Washington's Rules Of Civility. GREAT stuff there too!

I have also been doing a LOT of research on food and the role it plays in our life. I started on the journey of learning about food when my beloved's dad (my FIL) got cancer and was given 6 months to live. I owe a LOT to my in-laws because their research and FIGHT led us to start learning about food and the effects on our body. We went vegetarian, and they became macrobiotic. His body, to the glory of God, was healed. Then we went to vegan, to 100% raw, to 85% raw, to where we are today: a lot of raw, including green smoothies, with a Nourishing Traditions eating style.

We also learned a LOT from Dianne Craft about the role that nutrition plays in brain function and learning abilities. If you are a member of HSLDA, and dealing with a child with learning difficulties, you can call and talk to her for free! :D I was blessed to hear her speak at a local homeschool conference. So we have been working on dietary changes and supplementation in order to cleanse their bodies.

I am also dealing with my son JJ and his health which has now gone into environmental allergies and reactive airway disease. You may have noticed a REAL FOOD WIDGET on the left hand sidebar. I hope that you will take a look. It has some GREAT articles updated as articles are updated.

I also added a GREEN HOUR widget that has great articles (also updated when new articles are added). GREAT ways to enjoy the outdoors with your kids. Thanks to "the best gift ever" from a certain Aunt and Uncle (thank you!!!) we will be spending the whole summer outdoors! YEA!!! :D

I have also been trying to catch up on my fav blogs, get the finances back under control and get more JOY in our lives. :D Thanks for listening!

No comments: