Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Catching Up With Projects

So I have been catching up trying to take pictures of projects I have done and posting them to Ravelry. If you have not joined, if you knit or crochet, you NEED to join. It is FREE and WONDERFUL!!! :D :D :D

LaceyCowl01
I LOVE this picture of AA!! It was REALLY cold outside (cold enough to SNOW) and I grabbed my camera and the cowl and asked AA to go outside and pose for a picture for me. She happily obliged and was freezing! She looks so beautiful in this picture - mostly because her inner beauty just SHINES forth in it.

HeadKerchief
Here is a picture of the HeadKerchief that I made. Still outside and STILL COLD. My beautiful daughter poses for another picture.

WWCowl01
I also made a Wintry Cowl for EE. The plan was to make something that took up little space so that it could be kept in the car so that when cold weather hits (as it does sometimes out of no where here in CO), we could run to the car to get them instead of into a store to buy earmuffs!

I also had FINALLY made a shawl for ME. I love the Seraphina so much I have made five of them. I must admit that I passed over it the first time I saw it (I had searched for "butterfly shawl" because MM was wanting one). But the pictures I saw of it looked so gothic. NOT for us.

Then I found Ravelry and had my daughter AA look through the shawls (as I planned on making her one for her birthday). And of course she picked it. While before it had looked gothic, now on Ravelry, seeing all the other colors, I could see how beautiful it was. STILL I was skeptical.

Then I read the reviews (there is a group on Ravelry dedicated JUST to this shawl it is so popular - and once I made one I realized WHY!) and saw that one of the biggest draws to making this shawl was that it hung so beautifully on the body! It did not need a pin to stay up like most other shawls. That is due to the shape it is - not a regular triangle.

But alas, this one being mine was not to be for long. :) It got passed down to AA who outgrew the first one I made her. This one is big enough to wrap around her and keep her WARM for a LONG time! She loves it and wears it often.

AA_Shawl01

No comments: