Saturday, December 8, 2007

Saturday Sweethearts: OUR Night

The other night my husband came up with a MOST ROMANTIC idea, and I just had to share it.

He thought how fun it would be to have an OUR Night date.
I posted some of the questions we came up with. If you come up with more PLEASE leave them in the comment section. I also answered them for us.

What is your song? Fields of Gold.
Food? Cheese-sticks.
What is your color? Purple.
Flower? Rose
Game? Air Hockey and Scrabble.

So this can easily be done at home to save money. Grab the CD with your song on it. Spread out a blanket on the floor. Make sure to have your game set up (if I wanted to do the Air Hockey I would plan a night out, but with finances being tight, I could set up a fake air hockey table with a cotton ball and two straws, but I would just do scrabble to save time and money). :) I would try to wear something with our color on it, and maybe encourage him to wear something with our color on it to work, so when he comes home, he comes home to the romantic set up. The kids would already be in bed (nice thing about young kids). I would have some roses in a vase or rose petals strew on the blanket, and cheese sticks cooking in the oven.

Recipe for cheese sticks:
Pizza crust (either hand made or store bought). Slather with olive oil. Add spices (we like to add garlic granules, onion granules, and basil. I want to try this with FRESH garlic!! OOOOOhhhh! Maybe not. He might not want to kiss afterwards. LOL!!!! Fresh garlic is not so great for a romantic evening.) Slather with shredded cheese (we like to use Mozzarella, but you can use any combo).

Play your game, dance to your song and eat your food. Reminensse about all that makes you YOU as a couple.

Remember, THESE ARE IDEAS FOR YOU (not your husband). YOU are to romance your husband! I was inspired to do these Saturday Sweethearts based on a book called Romancing Your Husband by Debra White Smith. PLEASE get a hold of this book and read it. It is a really good book and will really change your life. :)

No comments: