Saturday, December 15, 2007

Saturday Sweethearts: Meeting Needs

I went into the trunk the other day and saw a small container of salt for the road. You see, we live in a state where it gets very cold and sometimes we get a lot of snow and ice. The main roads are always cleared pretty quickly, but sometimes it can take weeks for them to get to all the parking lots and side streets.

My husband was thinking ahead. He was thinking of a future need I might have, and then he met it. Should I get stuck in the parking lot after taking JJ to one of his appointments, I will have ice to pour behind the tires to melt enough snow that I can safely back up and get back home.

This really encouraged me to try to think ahead for my husband. What is something I can provide for a need he has? This is something that I need to pray about. I am not as good about this as he is.

So may I encourage you to pray this week and see if there is a possible upcoming need in your husband's life that you can meet.

Remember, THESE ARE IDEAS FOR YOU (not your husband). YOU are to romance your husband! I was inspired to do these Saturday Sweethearts based on a book called Romancing Your Husband by Debra White Smith. PLEASE get a hold of this book and read it. It is a really good book and will really change your life. :)

1 comment:

Donetta said...

Thank you, I just took him a cup of peppermint tea:)