Saturday, December 1, 2007

Saturday Sweethearts: Christmas Love

It has been a while since I did a Saturday Sweethearts. For more ideas, check out the ROMANCE tab on the left hand side bar.

WHAT I DID

I hung up mistletoe all over the house. Over the doorway. Over the shower. Over the place where you stand to cook. Over the couch. Every time my husband would stand under the mistletoe I would kiss him.

MY REASON
I just wanted to love on my husband and be silly with him.

HOW I FELT
Sneaky. I put them up while he was at work, and he had no idea why I was following him around and kissing him so much. It didn't take long for him to notice the mistletoe on the ceiling.

THE OBSTACLES I OVERCAME
I cannot remember any real obstacles. This happened during our first Christmas as husband and wife (almost 11 years ago now).

MY HUSBAND'S RESPONSE
He wasn't as pleased as I had hoped he would be. And he rarely kissed me when I was under the mistletoe unless I made a big deal about it "Look where I am honey!"

WHAT I WISH I HAD DONE
I cannot think of something I could have done differently to make him enjoy this more. I thought it was a great idea.

BUDGET SUGGESTIONS
I used green construction paper and cut out mistletoe. Then I taped it to the ceiling. Did not take much money or time.


Remember, THESE ARE IDEAS FOR YOU (not your husband). YOU are to romance your husband! I was inspired to do these Saturday Sweethearts based on a book called Romancing Your Husband by Debra White Smith. PLEASE get a hold of this book and read it. It is a really good book and will really change your life. :)

1 comment:

Junie Moon said...

This is a lovely and romantic thing to do for your husband. And it blesses you in return.