Thursday, December 6, 2007

Apron Swap - Pics

I got my apron from the apron swap the other day.
You can see what my partner made here. I LOVE THIS APRON! It is so neat, I have never seen one like it before! The ties are one long string that goes around the neck, which allows you to lower or raise the body of the apron as needed! This proved useful when AA (almost 8yr) claimed the apron as her own (not really, but she admired it so, how could I refuse?).

And what an extra little surprise awaited me inside the pocket? One of her handmade dishcloths. I LOVE IT! It is so beautiful. Too bad JJ claimed it as his own (and that one I did fight for). He cuddles it like it is his security blanket and enjoys playing peek a boo with it.

So here is a sneak peak of what I made her. I used a vintage apron pattern (it was a remake, not actually vintage). I searched on Ravelry (my username is lvg4him in case you are on there). Anyways, I have always wanted to make an apron with a handy dishcloth available. ready to take off and use to wipe those messes up or to do dishes. I found the PREFECT PATTERN for this! I must admit that this was the strangest pattern I have ever followed. But the tutorial made it easy to do, and once you figured out the pattern, it works up fast and easy - no need to even look at the patterns anymore! :) And because of the big hole at the top, it worked PERFECTLY to be able to attach to the apron!

Here are some pics. Her kitchen colors are yellow and white. And with the yo-yo kick I am on, I had to add a dash of color with yo-yo's in the lower left hand corner. It is only a half apron (perfect for when you are entertaining) and I made it in a dark denim (to go with most anything she wears). Then of course the dishcloth had to be white and yellow to match the kitchen! The lightening on the pictures are HORRIBLE. The only thing true to color are the yo-yo's and dishcloth. Everything else is too bright or too dark. SORRY! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The apron and dishcloth are both lovely. One of these days I'll get around to sewing myself an apron. I have the patterns, just no motivation. (Maybe because I've been busy crocheting Christmas gifts?) Every time I bake or cook I find myself wiping my hands on my clothes.

I am on ravelry too! I love that place! I'll have to add you as a friend. =)

Hugs,
Dianna