Thursday, December 13, 2007

More Ravelry and Pillowcase FUN!!

SO, I am so loving Ravelry! I just joined a group called Sew Obssesed and am really enjoying it! Someone mentioned "pillowcase dolls" and how Little House on the Prairie they were.

WELL ENOUGH SAID! LOL! I just HAD to google it! Which explains some of my absence yesterday. :D

Here are some links I found.

There are some BEAUTIFUL pillowcase dolls for sale by CAB Creek Crafts of Michigan

You can buy a pattern to make one yourself.

Here are free online directions to make your own pillowcase doll.

-----

Just a note about Ravelry. They are in beta right now, so in order to avoid an overload while they create this, you have to be put on a waiting list. PLEASE be patient. I think I waited something like 2 or 3 months (maybe longer, I did not keep track because, well, I was patient LOL!) :D But get on the waiting list now! It is SO WORTH the wait!!! :D :D :D

2 comments:

Solstitches said...

Hello Paula,

Thanks for visiting my blog :)
I had already found the Kona Snow fabric and have also discovered that I like Kona Natural as well.
The Redwork group I am a member of is

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RedWorkStitchers/

The group is run by Linda who has a blog I enjoy a lot

http://all-stitched-up.blogspot.com/

I'm not sure what else you are asking me about? Are you looking for tutorials on how to do Redwork, free patterns or just some general information?

Another good site you could check out is

http://www.quiltersmuse.com/index.htm

I hope this is of some help to you,
Best wishes,
Margaret

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how long I waited for ravelry too... but I agree that it was worth the wait! Oh... I also found a neat vintage crochet website with free patterns. freevintagecrochet.com There is a hat/purse in there that is just adorable! It's a purse that turns into a hat. (You might already have seen that site... if you have go visit it again with some tea. LOL)

Dianna