Monday, February 27, 2006

Unfinished Tasks

I was cleaning off my kitchen counter and started thinking about all the stuff I have in my pantry that doesn’t get used because I don't know that I have it (because of how unorganized my pantry is. So I thought “I will just declutter it!”

But I have made a commitment (to myself) to follow the decluttering plan of MIH. (If I didn’t, I prolly wouldn’t declutter as much as I want to.)

I realize how EASILY I get distracted with other projects (or cleaning or decluttering) that I want to do instead of staying focused on the task at hand. No wonder my house is a mess! It is full of unfinished tasks! LOL!! I started a cleaning project and didn’t finish it. Or I brought something home that I bought and did not put it in it’s place. Or I brought groceries home and left them on the counter instead of in the pantry. Or I get the mail and just take out the bills, throw away the “spam” and then just leave the rest to go through later somewhere on my kitchen counter.

So as I am going through the decluttering challenge I plan on staying to the task at hand and FINISHING it before moving on and starting something else. That means not just decluttering, but making sure that everything has a place in that area and is put back in that place. And making sure that I don't bring anything into that area that doesn't belong there (gotta find a place to put mail to go through when I have time).

For info on the decluttering challenge, please visit Mrs. Catherine's site (link on right hand side of blog).

No comments: