Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Tonight

Well, hubby and I had a wonderful evening LAST night in celebration of Valentine's Day.

Tonight, it was a normal family evening dinner. After dinner, the 6yrG is in charge of sweeping the floor. Everyone usually brings their dishes to the sink when they are done, but tonight, Daddy had to discipline the 2yr, so I asked the 4yrG to help by bringing me all the dishes (I was at the sink washing dishes).

After one dish she complained that she didn't feel like walking anymore and didn't feel like cleaning up anymore. I commented that I thought maybe tomorrow I wouldn't feel like making breakfast. Or lunch. Or snacks. Or dinner.

My 6yrG who was sweeping asked what about her. Wouldn't I make her food tomorrow?

I commented that I would not feel like making anyone ANY meals tomorrow.

The 6yrG then started to clean up the table for the 4yrG. I said that everyone contributes to the state of this house and the family. That if the 4yrG neglects her job, it effects everyone. Just like if I neglect my job, it effects everyone.

The 4yrG then happily cleaned up the rest of the plates and cups off the table. And I will happily be making breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner tomorrow.

No comments: