Friday, February 3, 2006

Ramblings

WOW! I cannot believe that the computer addicted person that I am that I have not blogged in several days! I have just gotten such GREAT information/ideas from so many wonderful ladies here, and have been so encouraged that I am incorporating those ideas INTO my LIFE!

A friend of mine introduced me to Tasha Tudor and I have been having a blast checking out all her books from the library. I love the era in which she writes (it is our dream to have a more simple life and homestead). We like to play Victorian Parlor Games (there is a wonderful book by the same title, no longer in print, but definitely a fun book we checked out from the library and was able to find online for a great price). If you have never read any of her books, they are wonderful for all ages of children, but especially the younger ones.

I have also been convicted about my housekeeping lately. After reading an article by a friend, I realized that I need to be a better keeper at home. I mean, the house isn't a messy mess, but it is definitely not something that I would invite people over to. And should something ever happen to me (I die or end up in the hospital), I would hate for my husband to worry about how the house looks. People would come over to help keep the house, bring food, watch the children, etc. and I just would like them to come over to a welcoming atmosphere. That is done not just by people with a hospitable attitude, but by a clean house as well. Now I am not talking white-glove clean. But definitely better than my house is. I am going to work on a home keeping schedule.

Keeping house is something I did NOT learn growing up. And I want to be a good example to my three daughters. I hate seeing them just walk over dirty clothes to get into bed instead of picking it up and putting it in the hamper. But how can I hold them up to a standard I am not willing to hold myself to?? No more! I will share more about that later in the week. Or should I say I plan to share more about that later in the week.

No comments: