Tuesday, October 30, 2007

What We Are Up To

Thank you for the prayers for my family. They got back safely (hence my reason for not posting - enjoying every moment with them). :)

HOWEVER, we are ALL sick (the girls got sick the day before they got home). It is a bit of a struggle trying to keep up with JJ's new schedule (especially while both he and I are sick), doctor appointments and therapy appointments and care for the girls.

I am trying to make new items for my etsy store in order to offset the cost of the hospital stay. We have been very blessed up until this point to only be in debt to the mortgage. We want to get the hospital bill paid off ASAP so as not to be in debt to it. Keep your eyes on this blog for updates to the store. I have some really neat ideas, just need to find the time to implement them.

I have also learned through this trial with JJ, that I really need to include my children even MORE in what I do all day. They have a few chores, but we should be doing so much MORE together than we are or have been. And I really need to limit my time on the computer.

And because I blog to record my journey of faith for myself and my girls, as well as record cool things I want to remember and be able to find - like the fun craft I know I saw the other day - I will continue to blog daily. BUT, I will not be able to read all the blogs that I used to read. I will miss them! I have picked a small handful that I will continue to read (as time allows) as I have developed close friendships and have also learned SO MUCH from. Creating a post does not take nearly as much time as reading all of the blogs I love! LOL!!

Edited to add: I FOUND THE CRAFT! This site is not Christian, and right now, near Halloween has some stuff that might offend some Christians who do not partake in Halloween, so I am simply putting that warning out here. But just skip over those posts for all the GREAT ideas on there. We are doing this craft later this week! You can also do it for Christmas or any holiday! We have some pretty leaf cutters that we will be using. I also bought some black acrylic paint to do this!

3 comments:

Donetta said...

God's peace and prosperity be yours.

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Paula - the is is Beth/Mom2TwoVikings from MSN-CHC board. Been following your story since someone posted about your little guy going in the hospital.

I praise God with you that you are finally home and things seem like they are back on the right track for all, despite all being sniffly.

Also, just wanted to say - as someone who has just started the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University courses and who is "re-interested" in living frugally (LOL) until we are debt-free, I am inspired that you are debt free other than the mortgage and that you are already focused on increasing your Etsy income to beat back that hospital bill! You go girl!

God's blessing on you and your home!

Carrie said...

still praying for you, paula!