Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Update from Mommy - WE ARE HOME!!!

It is so good to be home! You have such a greater appreciation of everything. Of course the mind races to all the things to do DIFFERENTLY now that the church has come and cleaned your home and you want to keep it that way! :)

JJ went from being 16 pounds at 16 months to 17 months and 19 pounds 10 ounces! WOOHOO! God is so good and so wonderfully amazing! It is only in hindsight that I can look back and see God's hand on baby JJ.

He is doing wonderfully and so happy to be home. Daddy and sisters do not come back until Saturday night. They have been blessed to be able to stay with family. Please pray safe driving for them Friday and Saturday.

I think through this all, the one main thing I am taking away from it is to pray for God's will and God's best for my family. In the hospital, it was so easy to pray for them to take the tube out when he was getting an infection (common when a tube is in for as long as his was in). It was easy to pray for us to be let out to go home TODAY instead of when they want to release him. But maybe JJ needed that tube in for one more day to help him completely stop ruminating. And maybe by being in the hospital one more day we were able to encourage a single mother whose baby was also having feeding issues. Maybe Jesus will touch her heart by a seed we planted because we were in the hospital one more day. :)

I know it is hard to just trust God and pray for His best and His will because more often than not we know that is not our will or what we think is best for us. But after seeing God's miraculous hand on JJ, it is a bit easier, taking it day by day and moment by moment, to pray God's will and God's best and just trust in Him.

Thank you to everyone for ALL their prayers!! And now I am off to enjoy being home with my son! PRAISE BE TO GOD!

6 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm thanking God and sending forth praises!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!
I am so thankful that you two are back home. What a blessing to be back and to hear you two are doing well. It is amazing what just one more day can bring.

Hugs and prayers,
Dianna

Donetta said...

Welcome home. I hope he sleeps well for you tonight and you can exhale. No maybe about it, God is in processes of lives around us being impacted by our experience strength and hop. You make a difference Dear Lady.

Smith Family said...

Praise God! I am so glad you are home but more glad you are trusting GOD in all things.
Praying her for JJ
Marcy

Rebecca said...

HURRAH! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I am SO very thankful for your return home and for JJ's safety!

It sounds like you were amazingly supported in this time of need, and I am thankful that our Christian brothers and sisters stepped up and gave of themselves so liberally.

I will pray for continued answered prayers in the weeks ahead as JJ makes a giant leap in 'catching' up, and as everyone becomes accustomed to the new routine of being home and all together once again.

Much love.

deanna said...

I just wanted to let you know I have been praying for you and I am so glad things are better and you are home! I will continue to pray that JJ keeps getting better and that you can get some rest now. May God bless you and keep you today and in the days to come, and may He make his face to shine upon you. Amen