Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Bad Mommy Blogger

I know I know. I haven't posted. Did anyone notice? I wonder if anyone reads this anymore. (Can you spell d-i-s-c-o-u-r-a-g-e-d?)

I have been VERY busy the past several days., Firstly, JJ has been incredibly sick. I must admit that was was overly worried at first. I thought my worst fears had come true and his illness had gotten so bad he would have to be on a feeding tube and no longer able to eat any foods. I literally was on my face before God mourning for JJ. All the things he would miss out on. As it is he cannot have birthday cakes. Most people decorate boxes or have some sort of ice sculpture with candles.

It seems funny now, but maybe it was God's way of reminding me He is in control. For once I was on my face before Him, JJ began to get better. In fact, he got better so fast I began to laugh at my lack of faith.

And I began to think about my girls. They pray so often. It amazes me. They will remember to pray when I forget. And they are always amazed at the fact that God answers. "Mommy, I prayed for God to provide a parking space, and He gave us a GOOD one!" "Mommy, I prayed that EE would find her shoes, and she did!"

Of course there has been the unanswered prayers too. Or the ones that seem unanswered because the answer is not always clear or immediate. JJ still has severe food allergies. We have to carry a throw up bucket with us everywhere we go. And we have to bring our own food for him when we go into restaurants.

But we continue to pray. And the girls remember to pray. Is there anything as sweet as the prayers of a child?

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Yes Paula your friends are still here!

Love,
Brenda