Saturday, March 17, 2007

Saturday Sweethearts: A Kid Again

WHAT I DID:
I took my husband to an arcade (Jillians or Dave and Busters are good ideas, we went to Jillians because it is non-smoking). We played games, won tickets, and got dinky little toys for the children. Then we went into a candy store and each got a fun candy. I got Razzles (13 Going on 30 is a favorite movie) and hubby got little gummy bears he could feed me.

MY REASON:
I just wanted to do something fun and youthful.

HOW I FELT:
SOOOOOO in love with my husband! I felt like I did when we were dating.

THE OBSTACLES I OVERCAME:
A blizzard was scheduled to arrive that evening, so I was worried about getting stuck in another city or driving in hazardous conditions.

MY HUSBAND'S RESPONSE:
He had a smile all day long.

WHAT I WISH I HAD DONE:
Checked the weather more thoroughly before we left. Thankfully God blessed the day and the weather was beautiful! The blizzard did not arrive until well after we were home and in bed asleep. Which is a good thing because the blizzard was so bad they shut down the highway - there would have been no way for us to get home!!

BUDGET SUGGESTIONS:
I would call ahead to see if they are having any specials. The first time we went, they were having a double up week. They doubled the amount of points on your card if you paid $20 or more for that many points. When we went this time, they had $5 for two hours. You could also goto a local arcade (instead of a big name one). Our local mall arcade has half-price Tuesdays where games are all half-priced. And in a near-by city there is a penny arcade (closed right now because of winter), so check around for arcades in your area.

-----
Remember, THESE ARE IDEAS FOR YOU (not your husband). YOU are to romance your husband! I was inspired to do these Saturday Sweethearts based on a book called Romancing Your Husband by Debra White Smith. PLEASE get a hold of this book and read it. It is a really good book and will really change your life. :)

No comments: