Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Beyond Survival

Keeping house, housekeeping, home making, homekeeping ... whatever you want to call it, it seems there are few of us who know how to do it and how to do it well. That would be ME. :)

My bookshelf is LINED with books on cleaning and decluttering and how to clean. And now my RSS feed reader is full of those blogs too. I admit that I am one who would rather READ about cleaning than actually do it. But there is so much more I want. Not just for myself and my family, but for my girls.

And one of my favorites blogs (Large Family Logistics) is addressing that. Now don't let the name scare you. The information gleaned within those pages are just as wonderful for a mom of one as for a mom of twenty. :)

Right now she is doing a series on Beyond Survival. She already has seven posts in the series:
What's for Supper?
Morning Routine
Evening Routine
Afternoon Chore Time
Meals
Self
Laundry

I so want my homekeeping skills to be more than just survival. I don't want my house just to be clean, I want it to be a home...a haven for my family. I don't want to do just what is minimal in order to have a clean house. I want to go beyond survival, into beauty.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Paula, I, like you, would rather read about it, than do it, but a few years ago (better late than never) I read an article that said we all have the same amount of time in each day and that we shouldn't wonder why some people seem to get a lot done in those hours and some don't. It is obvious those that do, are doing.

So, I was determined to put all those years of knowledge I had stored up to use. I actually feel much better staying busy keeping my house, sewing, crafting, caring for the family. I had to have an attitude adjustment from God about enjoying cleaning my house. It's really His house and His time, therefore I think of it all as His and I want to especially please God. I don't even hate ironing anymore! ;)