Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Crocheted Rag Rugs and Other Fun Things to Make

I like to collect everything I need before starting the unit. One of the projects is making a crocheted rag rug. And since I prefer a FREE pattern over one I have to pay for, I went searching on the web. Below are some free pattern links, along with a few fun projects I found along the way (as you are supposed to also find a few fun projects to make).

I am also supposed to find a pattern for a doily, but all the ones I found looked REALLY complicated. Does anyone have a free online pattern for an EASY doily pattern (for a beginning beginer)?? I would also like to find a pattern for a really nice table cloth for a round table. Anyone have a nice one?

RAG RUG LINKS:

Make a Crocheted Rag Rug from DIY Network

Round Crochet Rag Rug
from Ruby Glen (turning old jeans, sheets, etc. into rag rugs)

Crocheting with Fabric from About.com (how to make fabric strips AND a free patterns for an oval rug)

Snowman Rug

Tresa's Butterfly Rag Rug

How To Make Rag Rugs (and hats too)

Crocheted Sunbonnet Sue Lil Rug

Watermellon Rug (I remember these!!)

OTHER fun crochet things I found:

FREE Crochet Lessons

This site has a bunch of ideas (included crochet rag rugs) for decorating the home

Water Bottle Holder 01 and 02

Katrina's Kids Tic-Tac-Toe Pouch

Maple Leaf Luncheon Set, 1946

BEAUTIFUL Field of Daisies Bedspread, 1948

Baby 5Piece Set, 1952

Swatchies (wonderful way to use those swatches you make)

Crochet Basket

Misc Kitchen Projects

I hope that you enjoy these!

No comments: