Saturday, March 10, 2007

Saturday Sweethearts: Pot of Gold

End of the Rainbow
by Stephanie Altmiller
http://www.TheRomantic.com/

When my honey came home for St. Patrick's Day, he found a giant paper shamrock taped to the front door. The shamrock read, *The day I found you was lucky indeed. At the end of the rainbow awaits a grand treasure.* When he opened the door, there was a rainbow ribbon tied to the doorknob that led him all thorough the house and finally up the stairs.

At the end of the *rainbow* was a *pot of gold*. I had filled a small plastic cauldron (left-over from Halloween) with chocolate gold coins and some small paper coins that I had cut out of colored paper. I had written on each of the paper coins something that I treasure about my honey and our relationship. I included a note in the pot that read *You are worth more than a pot of gold. You alone are what I treasure most in life.*

-=-=-=-=-
Personal note: if you are like me, you expected the WIFE to be at the end of the rainbow! =^) Why not dress up in something spicy (or better yet, dress DOWN to nothing at all) and be waiting for hubby at the end of the rainbow!! Also, to save on cost, make your own gold coins out of yellow construction paper. Write something what you treasure about your honey on each paper coin.

-----
Remember, THESE ARE IDEAS FOR YOU (not your husband). YOU are to romance your husband! I was inspired to do these Saturday Sweethearts based on a book called Romancing Your Husband by Debra White Smith. PLEASE get a hold of this book and read it. It is a really good book and will really change your life. :)

No comments: