Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday's Fun: Vintage Games - Spell Down

Divide your party into two groups (or for homeschooling or family play, just put them in a line or circle). Ahead of time chose several words to use, but don't make them TOO difficult (no more than 8 letters). Instead of one person spelling the word given, each person can only spell one letter. So go around the circle or down the line, each person giving one letter for the word, given in the correct order for the correct spelling.

Should someone give an incorrect letter, a point goes to the other team (or if you are doing homeschool or family fun, have them pay a forfeit - I think a GREAT forfeit for this game is to have the person spell the word BACKWARDS!)

HAVE FUN!!!

I am not really able to think of a way to play this game with young children, so I will give a different variation. NUMBERS!

We have been playing a fun little game as of late. You might remember playing it in school. You count upwards towards the number eight. Beginning with Mommy who says:

I ONE the frog.

Child then says "I TWO the frog." This goes back and forth until the child says "I EIGHT the frog." to which the Mommy acts horribly disgusted "EWWWWWwwww... you ATE the FROG!!!"

My girls could not get enough of this. Playing it all the time, with different words at the end: I 8 the rocket, I 8 the table, I ate the banana, I ate the monkey ....

You get the idea.

No comments: