Thursday, February 25, 2010

Meals Before Payday

OK. So we have duck fat (left over from Christmas dinner) that I used to saute my last onion (in my cast iron pan OF COURSE!). I have tilapia (fish) that I have had in my freezer (for who knows how long). I thawed the last fillets I had (only 4 for our family of 6) and placed them over the wonderful smelling onions. Drizzled with olive oil and salt and peppered and put into the oven (preheated to 375) for 18 minutes.

While this was cooking, I made our sides. Okra (again in the freezer for who knows how long), which was fried in coconut oil. Then the last bit of butter I had was used to brown some asparagus (this was thawed from my freezer, again, I have no idea how long it has been in there). And our last side was instant mashed potatoes (just add boiling water and milk - which is a little past expiration date).

This was a FABULOUS meal! SO YUMMY!!! We will definitely make it again (at least the onion and fish part, sides will vary based on what is in freezer, fridge or pantry).

Be sure to head over to Meals Before Payday and add your own meal! :D

No comments: