Sunday, January 1, 2006

Who Am I and What Is This Blog?

Well, I love to share information with other like minded people (mostly moms). So I am hoping that through sharing what I am learning I can help you AND you will SHARE what you have learned/are learning with me and we can grow together! :) Plus, I am excited to start my journey into homeschooling and look forward to what other moms have to say.

So, who am I? I am mom of three girls (ages 6yr, 4yr, and 2 1/2 yr) and a baby boy on the way (due end of April 2006). I am constantly searching trying to learn more about being a better wife, mother, homeschooling mom, etc. I am not perfect, which tends to make for interesting blog entries! :D

I will be married for ten years on Aug 3 2006 to my best friend and husband!! We have been best friends for 13 years. He is the one who led me to the Lord and I am so blessed and thankful that God has graced my life with such a wonderful man. I mean, he has had to put up with me for so long (as I learn to be a keeper at home, a godly help meet, and a mother!). :D

I really like to sew, but am a novice. I need to get sewing again so I can get better and better. I am teaching my oldest to hand sew (actually fabric and thread) and my 4 year old to hand sew too (you know those felt kits from the store?). I can quilt SOMEWHAT (still learning and practicing) but am pretty good at making envelope quilts and machine tying them (moving the machine where I would normally hand-tie and using a decorative stitch like a heart or star to tie the quilt).

I want to learn to crochet and have plans to do that THIS year (we will see how realistic that is). I also am currently learning more and more about how to keep house. I bought Home Comforts LONG time ago, but am just now getting around to reading it (slowly but surely). I am a FlyBaby wanna be (love her method, just trying to remember to implement it, and when I do I actually have a clean house). We are currently in the process of decluttering our house (we have already gotten rid of over half the stuff we own and STILL need to get rid of LOTS more). And we are hoping to someday soon move to a homestead and start homesteading!! :D

I am also learning more and more about homeschooling. I listened to Debi Pearl's Favorite Homeschooling Ideas and really liked what she said. I have a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies (fancy way of saying I have my teaching degree) and have never really liked the way it was done in the public schools. I really like the book Christian Unschooling, but think we are going to be more like Mrs. Pearl who seems a cross between Mason, Moore and relaxed. I have TONS of questions, and am so excited to LEARN! Gotta rummage through the site and find other unschoolers and relaxed homeschoolers.

I hope that my blog will bless some of you, as I am sure to be blessed by some of yours!!

No comments: