Wednesday, January 4, 2006

Cooperation and Play Time

I have noticed that now that we are REALLY cutting back on the amount of stuff we own (and that includes toys and games for the kids), that not only is it easier to keep house BUT my kids play so much better together! No more forced sharing or forced playing together.

Right now, my girls are all playing so nicely together. It is almost like watching a group of school girls who are best friends play together. They all follow each other and are happy to be with each other. It is amazing!! Before this I would always be saying things like "please share with your sister" or "please let so-and-so play with you." Now they seek each other OUT to play!! It is WONDERFUL!!!

Also, I had not really agreed with the Pearl's take on each toy having an owner. But with less toys, I have started assigning ownership of each game and toy. It is amazing how UNSELFISH they are now that they have ownership of their toys. There are a few group toys (legos, train set, etc.), but I have noticed that now there is less fighting over the pieces, they all play TOGETHER and NICELY!!

And the house (which used to be full of yelling and screaming "THAT'S MINE!") is so full of LAUGHTER!! And HUGS (my girls never used to be so huggy before). It has brought much more joy and peace into our home.

No comments: