Tuesday, January 3, 2006

Can I Get a Hug???

I am not sure how many people agree with the Pearl's when it comes to child training, but I must share my amazing experience.

It amazes me how I can spank my children, and afterwards they will get up and hug me. It doesn't happen every time (especially those times when I forget and spank in anger). But when I follow through with the way the Pearl's tell you to spank your child, my children remain calm and so loving!! A stark contrast to how I remember being spanked (always running away from my parent and yelling how much I hated them).

Even my parents (who are not totally in agreement with the way we discipline and train our children) are amazed when we spank our children and they get up and hug us immediately afterward. And that is what amazes me most is that the hugs are IMMEDIATE! There is no time for them to heal before offering the hug. That is because there are no wounds between us!! There is the consequence for their actions, and training so they learn how God would have them behave/respond. And of course repentance to me and to God (and anyone else they might have hurt/offended by their actions). But there is only closeness between me and the child and no distance. It is so wonderful!!

Now if only I could ALWAYS be consistent!! :D

No comments: