Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Tidbits

First, there is a free ebook you simply MUST grab! The people who do the homeschool radio show liked this book so much they bought the rights to it JUST so they could give it to everyone for FREE!

Front Porch Attitude

Again, it is only fee til the end of April, so grab it now, before you forget!

Also, do you remember that shawl I told you about? The one with the hearts I was going to make for myself? It is finished!!!! And it looks so great!!! This was done with 3dc filet crochet, and I must admit I LOVE this kind of crochet! It was so easy to leave it unfinished in a spot instead of having to finish a row, because you know how momma can be easily interrupted by children wanting to PLAY!!!

I was easily able to find my spot and continue where I left off. I won't talk TOO much about it here because I will save that for Sew Crafty Friday.

And I just have to comment on playing video games. My husband bought a two player video game where you HAVE to work TOGETHER to accomplish ANYTHING in the game. This is difficult to do with the litter ones, but our oldest is actually able to do it! It has been fun playing with her. Especially when I sneak math in! We learned about fractions today and also subtraction! And we are learning team work (jump together to the left on the count of three, you jump on the box and I'll jump on this box and we will go up at the same time). It is so FUN!! Momma has to watch it though. I became VERY addicted to video games growing up.

I also had to say that even though I am not commenting, I am reading most of your blogs. Some of you I don't know you are reading me, so speak up so I can add your blog to my list!! :)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow! You finished it? That was FAST-especially considering how DIFFICULT a pattern it looked! My goodness you are superwoman!

If you can do THAT intricate pattern to completion in less than a week...I need to STOP making excuses and get to work making a dent in Matt's Christmas afghan. I think I am going to take it with me for the week that I am away-and everytime I get lonely I can work on it.

I can't WAIT to see your shawl!!! GREAT job Paula! You are amazing!

Shereen said...

No way!! That was so fast. I can't wait to see it. How exciting. I can't believe you did that so quickly. You went from doing small headbands to blowing it out the water now. lol Thank you so much for sharing the ebook. I saved it on my computer to read for later.