Sunday, April 15, 2007

Mish Mash

I am not sure of where the saying "when it rains it pours" comes from, or even if it can be backed Scripturally, but right now, it feels like it is pouring.

First, as you know, I have shared in the past that my beloved's creativity is not being encouraged at work. And the little bit of creativity he was able to do at work was taken away from him on Friday. It was very distressing to him. I remember growing up, when my dad was put in a position at work where he was not happy. My mother and my sister and I were miserable because he was miserable. I pray that God will help my beloved not feel so discouraged. And I pray God will give me the wisdom as to how to help the Mr. Visionary (the creative part) in my beloved.

Secondly, it seems that my father's health is getting worse (so I guess when I said it didn't involve health in my post on Friday, that wasn't TOTALLY true, it just didn't involve my immediate family's health).

My parents don't tell me much because they don't wish to worry me (which they don't realize makes me worry even more because I never know when something will happen). I am not sure if he has been officially diagnosed with Alzheimer's yet, but he has been undergoing testing for it, and his behavior and memory are just not what they used to be. Not to mention the fact that he has some problem with his blood and clotting (he has had this problem since he was young, but now that he is older it is really bad, and we worry about a stroke). He is also losing his eye sight, which thankfully seems to be only in one eye and not both.

I am very thankful for my children who seem to constantly bring smiles to my face lately. And for good friends who have brought times of refreshment from thinking and worrying about all of this with their visit this weekend (you know who you are!).

1 comment:

Shereen said...

Dear Paula,
Thank you for keeping us updated. I will keep your father and your beloved in my prayers. I'm sorry you are feeling this way right now. ;0( I will continue to lift you all up in prayer until I hear more. Blessings
Shereen