Friday, May 18, 2007

Garage Saleing with Little Ones

I love hitting the garage sales with my young children. I have been saleing with my littles ever since they were born. Here are some tips I have learned over the years.

I know how difficult it can be to get them in and out and in and out. I usually leave them in the car, with the van door open. I park RIGHT NEXT to the driveway. I also try to get them at least one thing while we are out (per day not per sale). Usually from a free box.

I also do a lot of drive bys. This is not rude, this is SMART! If I do not see anything worthwhile from the curb, I don't want to get out and waste my time (and possibly money) on something that is not what I am looking for. My kids have learned the value of drive bys. :)

I also let them out at the really big sales. Yes, it takes more time, but I am also training them.

They might ask for something and we talk about it: why do they want it? where would it go? what would they be willing to get rid of to get it (they have to get rid of something they have at home to make room for the new thing from the sale).

Whenever they get out, they see how momma looks for certain things. I talk about what I am looking at and for. They might ask why I picked something up and put it back, and I will tell them.

I try to let them out at about every 5 sales. My oldest (now 7yr) sometimes finds better bargains than I do. She has a GREAT eye! I want my children to enjoy saleing as much as I do. :) I hope this helps!!! :) I hope it encourages you to sale with your littles.

(OH and I have been so disappointed with the sales around here lately! After I posted my BIG FIND with all the tents and all, I have found nothing! LOL!!! My husband however found a Grace Notes wind chime for $2!! These are normally $70+!! They are perfectly tunned wind chimes and sound so beautiful outside my window!)

No comments: