Thursday, February 15, 2007

Cheap Pick Me Up

If you are anything like me, you have days where you just feel really depressed. You can't explain it. There really is no reason for it. You know it is not something God wants for you, and yet you can't pull yourself out of it.

I had one of those days last week. And in the midst of that day I discovered a wonderful little pick me up.

It happened quite unexpectedly. We had company over and I felt like the worst hostess. So I thought, hey, let me get out some glittery nail polish and paint all the girls' nails (she had her two daughters with her).

So I began to paint their nails. And as I did, I began to see their eyes sparkle and their faces glow with smiles from ear to ear and I began to feel better! A $2 bottle of glitter nail polish. Who knew?!?!

Ok, OK, so we both know it was not the nail polish that made me feel better. It was doing something for someone else, getting my mind off MYSELF, and bringing joy to someone else that brought some joy to everyone, myself included.

But man, I tell you, I don't know WHAT to do with this little man of mine! :) Thankfully I have some time to figure it out. What is equivalent to a $2 bottle of glitter nail polish for boys??

No comments: